If you’re looking to explore a bit more of Goa that includes the heritage and cultural side of things, central Goa can be an ideal area.
While you won’t find the most famous beaches of Goa in this region, you will find some activities that give you a different glimpse of Goa.
Places to stay in Panjim
If you’re looking to explore central Goa in one week, Panjim is a good base.
For places to stay in Panjim, these are some of the top picks by Lonely Planet for accommodation in Panjim.
These places are located in the heritage district of Fontainhas to give you that Goan cultural feeling!
Have a look at more top hotel recommendations for Goa.
Also take a look at this map of Panjim hotels.
- Hiking: What to wear hiking in hot weather/Hawaii + NOT
- Water sports: Best things to wear snorkeling + NOT
- Cruise: What NOT to bring on a cruise
So, let’s say you will give yourself one week in Goa
Maybe the mornings can be dedicated to an activity in central Goa, and then you can head to a beach in North Goa for the afternoons and evenings.
Or maybe you want to spend a few full days exploring the area surrounding Panjim.
No matter how you choose to do it, here are some places to visit in central Goa to put on your list of things to do!
Map of central Goa
First, get acquainted with Goa!
Explore the map of central Goa!
Best places to visit in central Goa in one week
Latin Quarter of India
Famous white church in Panjim
Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church
Bascilica of Bom Jesus – UNESCO world heritage site in Goa
St. Augustine Ruins
Ferry across a Goa waterway
Reis Magos Fort
Bird sanctuary nature trail
Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
Quiet village roads
Dona Paula Jetty viewpoint
HAPPY CENTRAL GOA TRIP PLANNING!
P.S. You can use the pictures you find here on your own website, but please link back to the page you found the picture! Spread the Goa love!
Best shoes for your active vacationHit search at the top for any of these items to get more variety on Amazon through these affiliate links!
- Walking: These types of hiking sandals. For walking in hot weather, they are more breathable than shoes, while still giving you necessary traction on the trails. Also see these travel sandals.
- Beach: These types of beach shoes. For beach walking, wading in the water, and rocky shorelines, they can prevent cuts from hidden rocks or when bumping into coral reef.
- What to wear hiking
- What to wear snorkeling
- What to wear on a cruise formal night
Best things to pack for active travel- First-time snorkelers love full-face snorkeling masks.
- These UV protection shirts are a hit so you don't have to keep re-applying sunscreen and don't have to worry as much about getting sunburn!
- These types of small backpacks are perfect for a day out so you can carry essentials... and snacks!
- And these popular packing cubes can be a life-saver when you're traveling!
Don't get your valuables stolen when you travel- On city excursions: This neck pouch that tons of people love. It makes it harder for money to be stolen, and RFID-blocking feature stops thieves from scanning your credit card info when they are close to you.
- At the beach: This type of pouch that you can easily take your wallet in the water with you, instead of leaving on the beach.