It’s no secret that a trip to Goa is able to lift the spirits of many… or all? Here are among the reasons!
Adventures energize you
Goa is considered by many as one of best states in India for adventure sports. You can…
- Kayak through the backwaters, mangroves, and rivers of Zuari, Sal, and Nerul.
- Cycle the islands of Divar, Chorao, and St. Estevam through quaint villages.
- Hike during monsoon season for spectacular waterfall sightings.
- Go white water rafting through the rapids of the Mandovi River for epic thrill.
cruise outfits: formal night | what NOT to pack for a cruise | what to wear in hawaii
what to wear running | what to wear hiking | what to wear snorkeling
Get up to $40 off on your first airbnb booking!
Nature enhances your well-being
- Explore the ghats and hills with lush forest surroundings.
- Visit one of the spice plantations for a sensual cultural experience with aromas straight from the source.
- Discover one of the many lakes and springs that have a peaceful environment which are located all around the state.
You can admire architectural heritage
With over 400 years of Portuguese occupation, that legacy remains today throughout Goa in the form of forts, lighthouses, churches, and Portuguese style colorful homes and buildings.
The open water makes you feel calm
With 100+ kilometers of coastline with beaches dotted along the Arabian Sea and 250+ kilometers of navigable rivers, Goa has lots of opportunities to experience the open water including through cruising, scuba diving, swimming, and of course just relaxing by the water.
How else does Goa make you happy?
More things to maybe pack for active travel!- This popular water bottle that'll keep your drinks cold, and it'll keep you hydrated and SAFE!
- OR (since that's heavy and $$$) this travel-friendly water bottle that you can fold up in your bag when it's in transit
- One of these types of chargers so you don't have to worry about your phone dying in the airport or out on the hiking trails
- These types of small backpacks so you can have plenty of snacks with you for energy!
- And these popular packing cubes can help you quickly find everything that you packed away in your suitcase luggage set! ;)
Your footwear is important too!- Walking: These types of hiking sandals. For walking in hot weather, they are more breathable than shoes, while still giving you necessary support and traction on the trails.
- Beach: These types of beach shoes. For beach walking and wading in the water, they can prevent cuts from hidden rocks under the sand or when bumping into coral reef.
see more: what to wear hiking - what to wear snorkeling
And for your beach outfits... and more!
- clothes with UV sun protection
- summer dress
- swimwear, swimsuits + cover-ups --