It’s no secret that a trip to Goa is able to lift the spirits of many… or all? Here are among the reasons!
Adventures energize you
Goa is considered by many as one of best states in India for adventure sports. You can…
- Kayak through the backwaters, mangroves, and rivers of Zuari, Sal, and Nerul.
- Cycle the islands of Divar, Chorao, and St. Estevam through quaint villages.
- Hike during monsoon season for spectacular waterfall sightings.
- Go white water rafting through the rapids of the Mandovi River for epic thrill.
- Hawaii: What to wear hiking in Hawaii | What's a part of the Hawaii sunscreen ban?
- Caribbean: Cruise formal night outfit ideas --- How to prevent seasickness
- Tips for backpacking Kerala India
Nature enhances your well-being
- Explore the ghats and hills with lush forest surroundings.
- Visit one of the spice plantations for a sensual cultural experience with aromas straight from the source.
- Discover one of the many lakes and springs that have a peaceful environment which are located all around the state.
You can admire architectural heritage
With over 400 years of Portuguese occupation, that legacy remains today throughout Goa in the form of forts, lighthouses, churches, and Portuguese style colorful homes and buildings.
The open water makes you feel calm
With 100+ kilometers of coastline with beaches dotted along the Arabian Sea and 250+ kilometers of navigable rivers, Goa has lots of opportunities to experience the open water including through cruising, scuba diving, swimming, and of course just relaxing by the water.
How else does Goa make you happy?
Best shoes for your active vacationHit search at the top for any of these items to get more variety on Amazon through these affiliate links!
- Walking: These types of hiking sandals. For walking in hot weather, they are more breathable than shoes, while still giving you necessary traction on the trails. Also see these travel sandals.
- Beach: These types of beach shoes. For beach walking, wading in the water, and rocky shorelines, they can prevent cuts from hidden rocks or when bumping into coral reef.
- What to wear hiking
- What to wear snorkeling
- What to wear on a cruise formal night
Best things to pack for active travel- First-time snorkelers love full-face snorkeling masks.
- These UV protection shirts are a hit so you don't have to keep re-applying sunscreen and don't have to worry as much about getting sunburn!
- These types of small backpacks are perfect for a day out so you can carry essentials... and snacks!
- And these popular packing cubes can be a life-saver when you're traveling!
Don't get your valuables stolen when you travel- On city excursions: This neck pouch that tons of people love. It makes it harder for money to be stolen, and RFID-blocking feature stops thieves from scanning your credit card info when they are close to you.
- At the beach: This type of pouch that you can easily take your wallet in the water with you, instead of leaving on the beach.