It’s no secret that a trip to Goa is able to lift the spirits of many… or all? Here are among the reasons!
Adventures energize you
Goa is considered by many as one of best states in India for adventure sports. You can…
- Kayak through the backwaters, mangroves, and rivers of Zuari, Sal, and Nerul.
- Cycle the islands of Divar, Chorao, and St. Estevam through quaint villages.
- Hike during monsoon season for spectacular waterfall sightings.
- Go white water rafting through the rapids of the Mandovi River for epic thrill.
what to wear hiking | what to wear snorkeling | what to wear on a cruise formal night
what to wear running in cold weather
best hawaii guidebooks || oahu hikes with the best views (pocket guide!)
best caribbean cruise ports (with map)
Nature enhances your well-being
- Explore the ghats and hills with lush forest surroundings.
- Visit one of the spice plantations for a sensual cultural experience with aromas straight from the source.
- Discover one of the many lakes and springs that have a peaceful environment which are located all around the state.
You can admire architectural heritage
With over 400 years of Portuguese occupation, that legacy remains today throughout Goa in the form of forts, lighthouses, churches, and Portuguese style colorful homes and buildings.
The open water makes you feel calm
With 100+ kilometers of coastline with beaches dotted along the Arabian Sea and 250+ kilometers of navigable rivers, Goa has lots of opportunities to experience the open water including through cruising, scuba diving, swimming, and of course just relaxing by the water.
How else does Goa make you happy?
More things to maybe pack for active travel!- One of these types of wallets for safer travel. RFID-blocking feature stops thieves from scanning your credit card info when they are close to you. You can get one designed more for passports too, with one of these cute passport holders. Good gift! ;)
- These types of small backpacks perfect for a day out so you can carry essentials... and snacks!
- This phone case so you can cheaply waterproof your phone for those water adventures.
- And these popular packing cubes can help you quickly find everything that you packed away in your suitcase luggage set! ;)
Your footwear is important too!- Walking: These types of hiking sandals. For walking in hot weather, they are more breathable than shoes, while still giving you necessary traction on the trails. Also see these travel sandals.
- Beach: These types of beach shoes. For beach walking and wading in the water, they can prevent cuts from hidden rocks under the sand or when bumping into coral reef.
see more: what to wear hiking - what to wear snorkeling
And for your beachwear + more...!
- swimwear, swimsuits + cover-ups --
- cheap maxi dresses
- casual summer dresses