This is a list of frequently asked questions regarding prices at Hanauma Bay, one of the top snorkeling destinations in Hawaii.
Keep in mind that prices can change at any time!
What is the parking fee?
The cost for parking is $1.
The parking lot is known to get full, in which case you can give a try to another parking lot near Hanauma Bay, or you can do some activities nearby Hanauma Bay and return later to see if you can park!
- Hawaii: What to wear hiking in Hawaii | Hawaii sunscreen ban
- Caribbean: Cruise formal night outfit ideas | Key West sunscreen ban
- More travel: When to avoid a trip to Japan
What is the admission price for visitors?
The entrance fee is $7.50 per person.
Is there a discount for children?
Kids 12 and under are FREE.
Is there a discount for locals?
There is a special kama’aina rate, and admission is FREE for locals.
Is there a military discount?
There is a special military rate, and admission is FREE for active duty U.S. military personnel.
What is the cost to rent snorkeling gear?
You can rent snorkeling gear at Hanauama Bay as a package with the mask, snorkel, and fins for $20. You can also rent a full-face snorkeling mask as a part of a package with fins for $40. Without a package, you can rent a mask and snorkel set ($12-15), fins ($9), and a new mouthpiece ($4). If you’re considering renting snorkeling gear at Hanauma Bay, have a look at Hanauma Bay snorkeling rental.
How much does it cost to rent lockers?
There are also lockers available at Hanauma Bay. Small lockers are $8, and large lockers are $10.
What is the price of the shuttle to get down to the bay?
After you pay for your admission ticket and watch the mandatory video about marine conservation and protecting the reefs at Hanauma Bay, it’s time to do what you came for! 😉 The parking lot and ticket office is located at the top of the hill, so you go down to get to the beach.
You can get there by walking about 5 minutes down hill (FREE!), or there is also a tram service so you can also take the shuttle. It’s a short ride, maybe a couple of minutes. The shuttle ride down costs $1.
If you’re a bit exhausted from a full day of snorkeling, you don’t have to dread walking the hill back to the parking lot. 😉 Instead you can take the shuttle back up! The shuttle ride up costs $1.25.
HAPPY HANAUMA BAY SNORKELING!
Hanauma Bay is on the east side of Oahu!
things to do in oahu | map >> beaches – snorkeling | hikes | hawaiian culture | driving – bus || what to pack for hawaii – what to wear snorkeling – what to wear hiking || where to stay || hawaii on a budget
Best shoes for your active vacationHit search at the top for any of these items to get more variety on Amazon through these affiliate links!
- Walking: These types of hiking sandals. For walking in hot weather, they are more breathable than shoes, while still giving you necessary traction on the trails. Also see these travel sandals.
- Beach: These types of beach shoes. For beach walking, wading in the water, and rocky shorelines, they can prevent cuts from hidden rocks or when bumping into coral reef.
- What to wear hiking
- What to wear snorkeling
- What to wear on a cruise formal night
Best things to pack for active travel- First-time snorkelers love full-face snorkeling masks.
- These UV protection shirts are a hit so you don't have to keep re-applying sunscreen and don't have to worry as much about getting sunburn!
- These types of small backpacks are perfect for a day out so you can carry essentials... and snacks!
- And these popular packing cubes can be a life-saver when you're traveling!
Don't get your valuables stolen when you travel- On city excursions: This neck pouch that tons of people love. It makes it harder for money to be stolen, and RFID-blocking feature stops thieves from scanning your credit card info when they are close to you.
- At the beach: This type of pouch that you can easily take your wallet in the water with you, instead of leaving on the beach.