So if you are soon off to Hawaii for your vacation, you have probably comes across a bunch of lists that tell you to go to a luau so you can experience a bit of Hawaiian culture.
After all, you’re in Hawaii which has a history with a culture far different from any other culture on the mainland United States.
So going to a luau will allow you to see a little bit of what Hawaiian entertainment is like with food, music, and dancing!
What should you wear to a luau in Hawaii?
In short, your normal clothes will be just fine!
For kids and teens, the types of clothes that they wear to school would work out just fine.
For adults, the types of clothes you wear when you eat out at a casual restaurant will likely work out just fine.
But, you’re in Hawaii, and going to a luau means lots of very Hawaiian moments to capture with your camera. 😉
So, you just might want to wear a little bit of clothes that represent Hawaii as we know it 😉 to go with that lei flower necklace you’ll get.
And for that…
The countdown to Black Friday has started! See the Amazon deal of the day.
What a perfect time to shop for... ;)
gifts for travelers under $25 | gifts for hikers under $25 | gifts for runners
what to wear hiking | what to wear snorkeling | what to wear on a cruise aka tropical vacation
hiking sandals | suitcase sets | holiday outfits
Hawaiian outfits for the ALOHA look 😉
If you just can’t wait until you get to Hawaii to shop for Hawaiian clothes 😉 have a look:
- Hawaiian dresses for women here and here
- Hawaiian shirts for men here
- Cute Hawaiian dresses for girls here
- Cute Hawaiian shirts for boys here
- Must-see 😉 >> Matching Hawaiian outfits for couples here
Pictures of Hawaii vacationers at a luau
Now, to see people who are at a luau similar to the one you’ll be attending in Hawaii, here next are some pictures. This will show you that people really do wear normal clothes! Seeing is believing. 😉
First up are these pictures at the Polynesian Cultural Center. These are pictures of visitors and performers on a canoe. But the images we care about for the purposes of what to wear to a luau are the pictures that you see of regular people, and not the performers.
You can also see people in the background and what they’re wearing in some of the pictures with the performers. This is not at the luau, but most people in these pictures very likely attended the luau in the evening. This means that’s how they were dressed at the luau.
Next, take a look at these pictures. These are images at the same place, but this time it’s later in the evening, at the luau or buffet. You can see some pictures of people sitting and eating to see what they are wearing.
So, as you can see, it’s quite normal to wear normal clothes to a luau!
But you will definitely also see some people in Hawaiian attire, because again, need to get those very Hawaiian looking pictures. 😉
So if you do decide to wear Hawaiian outfits at the luau you’re going to, you won’t be alone!
So go ahead and get matching Hawaiian outfits, like these very aloha outfits! 😀
HAPPY LUAU PLANNING!
More things to maybe pack for active travel!- This popular water bottle that'll keep your drinks cold, and it'll keep you hydrated and SAFE!
- OR (since that's heavy and $$$) this travel-friendly water bottle that you can fold up in your bag when it's in transit
- One of these types of chargers so you don't have to worry about your phone dying in the airport or out on the hiking trails
- These types of small backpacks so you can have plenty of snacks with you for energy!
- This phone case so you can waterproof your phone for cheap.
- And these popular packing cubes can help you quickly find everything that you packed away in your suitcase luggage set! ;)
Your footwear is important too!- Walking: These types of hiking sandals. For walking in hot weather, they are more breathable than shoes, while still giving you necessary traction on the trails. Also see these travel sandals.
- Beach: These types of beach shoes. For beach walking and wading in the water, they can prevent cuts from hidden rocks under the sand or when bumping into coral reef.
see more: what to wear hiking - best shoes for hiking - what to wear snorkeling
And for your beachwear + more...!
- anti-glare sunglasses with uv protection
- natural mineral sunscreen without harsh chemicals
- swimwear, swimsuits + cover-ups --
- cheap maxi dresses
- casual summer dresses