If you’re off on a cruise to Aruba soon to the southern Caribbean, here are some iconic pictures of Aruba that you can take that are located within walking distance near the Aruba cruise port.
In addition to pictures on the ground, arriving to Aruba by cruise means that you can take some unique pictures that you can only get from a cruise ship!
Here are some instagram-worthy snapshots that you may want to consider taking when your cruise gets to Aruba! The types of pictures from the cruise ship or of the cruise ship will also depend on where your ship docks at the cruise terminal.
Downtown Oranjestad is located within walking distance of the Aruba cruise port, so you will likely have time to go even if you’re sign up for a shore excursion. (Like one of these top Aruba excursions!)
Following the pictures below, you’ll find a map of the Aruba cruise port area, so you can pinpoint the exact location of where to go to get a similar picture.
From the cruise ship at Aruba cruise port
No matter which port you’re at during your southern Caribbean cruise, always take a walk around the cruise ship on the open deck. Some cruise ports have better picture-worthy scenes than others, but Aruba is pretty good! If you can make time, do a walk-around in the morning, as well as afternoon. Where the sun is can make a difference on how your pictures will turn out.
Always make time to be on the open deck for sail away! You may be hungry after getting back from that adventure-filled Aruba shore excursion, but that food can wait! Don’t worry, it will be there after the cruise ship sails away and you’re surrounded by nothing but ocean. 😉 Scenes of sailing away from Aruba can only be seen for a very limited amount of time during your cruise. If you can make it happen, also try to be on the open deck when you’re cruising into the Aruba cruise port too.
- Hawaii: What to wear hiking in Hawaii | Hawaii sunscreen ban
- Caribbean: Cruise formal night outfit ideas | Key West sunscreen ban
- More travel: When to avoid a trip to Japan
Docked in Aruba
Try taking a picture with and without the cruise ship.
Sailing away from Aruba
Don’t miss it!
Walking from the Aruba cruise port
Seaport Village Marina
Fort Zoutman Museum from the street
This is the oldest building in Aruba’s capital of Oranjestad. More info here.
Map of Aruba cruise port
In the map of the Aruba cruise port area below, you can find the main areas that these pictures of Aruba were taken.
You can see more pictures here of my walk, along with the exact locations of where I took the pictures. It was about an hour long walk that was a distance of about 2 miles. There are shops and stalls of local goods if you want to stop for some Aruba shopping in downtown Oranjestad along the way.
Things to maybe pack for your cruise to Aruba!
Now, here are some things that you just may want to add to your cruise packing list!
- This case so you can take pristine underwater pictures or pool pictures! (It’s cheap!)
- This pouch so you don’t have to worry about leaving valuables on the beach
- These tag holders so you don’t end up with lost luggage on the cruise ship!
- These packing cubes so you can find your stuff once on the cruise
- These types of beach shoes so you don’t have to worry about hidden rocks under the sand at any of the cruise ports
- This type of beach bag that’ll help you dry things out so you can be ready for the next beach day!
- For your beach outfits, take a look at…
- Cruise formal: And here are ideas for your cruise outfits for formal night!
- Seasickness: And here are ideas for snacks and wearables to prevent seasickness
- Snorkeling: And here are tips on what to wear snorkeling
HAPPY ARUBA CRUISING!
More cruise tips:
– What to wear for cruise formal night
– Do you need cruise travel insurance?
– Cruises with kids: Things to do on embarkation day
– How to prevent cruise luggage from getting lost on the cruise ship
– How to prevent seasickness
– What NOT to bring on a cruise
– CRUISE PACKING LIST!
Best shoes for your active vacationHit search at the top for any of these items to get more variety on Amazon through these affiliate links!
- Walking: These types of hiking sandals. For walking in hot weather, they are more breathable than shoes, while still giving you necessary traction on the trails. Also see these travel sandals.
- Beach: These types of beach shoes. For beach walking, wading in the water, and rocky shorelines, they can prevent cuts from hidden rocks or when bumping into coral reef.
- What to wear hiking
- What to wear snorkeling
- What to wear on a cruise formal night
Best things to pack for active travel- First-time snorkelers love full-face snorkeling masks.
- These UV protection shirts are a hit so you don't have to keep re-applying sunscreen and don't have to worry as much about getting sunburn!
- These types of small backpacks are perfect for a day out so you can carry essentials... and snacks!
- And these popular packing cubes can be a life-saver when you're traveling!
Don't get your valuables stolen when you travel- On city excursions: This neck pouch that tons of people love. It makes it harder for money to be stolen, and RFID-blocking feature stops thieves from scanning your credit card info when they are close to you.
- At the beach: This type of pouch that you can easily take your wallet in the water with you, instead of leaving on the beach.