On this website you’ll find Hawaii travel tips for Oahu with lots of budget-friendly options.
The focus here is on Hawaii outdoor travel and Hawaii culture travel. So if you’re an outdoor enthusiast with an interest in learning about Hawaiian culture, you’ll probably find some things you want to do in Oahu on this list!
This is a list of all things to do in Oahu that can be found on this website. It’s kind of like a site index. For a list of the top things to do, see OAHU TRAVEL GUIDE! If you’re visiting Oahu for the first time, that’s a good place to start!
A note about the locations on this Oahu list
The locations are listed as a general reference only. They are meant to serve as a guide to give you a general idea of where a point of interest is located. For example, on this list, Diamond Head is listed as Waikiki, but it isn’t actually located in Waikiki. But as a first-time visitor to Oahu who knows nothing about where anything is located ;), it’s meant to give reference to a more recognized general area to help choose a place to visit based on location.
OAHU HAWAII MAP INDEX
The Hawaii map below is an index of planning tips in map form that you can find on this website.
You’ll find the following categories on the map:
- Oahu hikes
- Oahu beaches
- Oahu culture
So click on an icon to find out what’s there, and you’ll also find a link to take you to more planning details! Give it a try!
If the map isn’t showing up below, or you want to explore it in Google maps, see OAHU MAP. If you’re on mobile, be sure to explore it from a desktop or laptop too!
- Hawaii: What to wear hiking in Hawaii | Hawaii sunscreen ban
- Caribbean: Cruise formal night outfit ideas | Key West sunscreen ban
- More travel: When to avoid a trip to Japan
OAHU HAWAII HIKES
- Diamond Head Crater Trail, Waikiki
- Koko Head Hike, East Oahu
- Lanikai Pillbox Hike, East Oahu
- Puu Maelieli Trail, East Oahu
- Makapuu Lighthouse Trail, East Oahu
- Aiea Loop Trail, Central Oahu | Keaiwa Heiau State Park
- Waimea Falls Trail, North Shore
- Manoa Falls Trail, Central Oahu
OAHU HAWAII BEACHES
- Queen’s Beach, Waikiki
- Lanikai Beach, East Oahu
- Shark’s Cove, North Shore
- Laniakea Beach | Turtle Beach, North Shore
- Hanauma Bay, East Oahu
- Kuhio Beach, Waikiki
- Kailua Beach, East Oahu
- Waimea Bay, North Shore
- North Shore Beaches: Waimea Bay | Turtle Beach | Shark’s Cove
OAHU HAWAII CULTURE
- Waikiki Hula Show, Waikiki
- Keaiwa Heiau, Central Oahu
- Puu O Mahuka Heiau, North Shore
- Kukaniloko Birthstones, Central Oahu
- Duke Kahanamoku Statue, Waikiki
- Kauhale Ancient Living Site, North Shore
- Dole Plantation, Central Oahu
- Byodo-In Temple, East Oahu
A heiau is an ancient Hawaiian temple
OAHU CIRCLE ISLAND DRIVING TOUR
OAHU HAWAII PACKING LIST
Hawaii Packing List: What to pack for Hawaii
Not your ordinary packing list!
HAPPY HAWAII VACATION PLANNING!
What is GOA? Goa is a beach state in India, much like Hawaii is to the United States. And just as Hawaii is seen as a vacation destination, Goa is a popular vacation destination too! There is talk between the Hawaii state government and the Goa state government to become sister states. This means that the two states will work together to promote common goals for purposes of economic and cultural exchanges. You can read more about these efforts from Hawaii’s U.S. Representative Tulsi Gabbard’s office HERE and HERE. You can read more about what it means to be sister states HERE. ALOHA!
Best shoes for your active vacationHit search at the top for any of these items to get more variety on Amazon through these affiliate links!
- Walking: These types of hiking sandals. For walking in hot weather, they are more breathable than shoes, while still giving you necessary traction on the trails. Also see these travel sandals.
- Beach: These types of beach shoes. For beach walking, wading in the water, and rocky shorelines, they can prevent cuts from hidden rocks or when bumping into coral reef.
- What to wear hiking
- What to wear snorkeling
- What to wear on a cruise formal night
Best things to pack for active travel- First-time snorkelers love full-face snorkeling masks.
- These UV protection shirts are a hit so you don't have to keep re-applying sunscreen and don't have to worry as much about getting sunburn!
- These types of small backpacks are perfect for a day out so you can carry essentials... and snacks!
- And these popular packing cubes can be a life-saver when you're traveling!
Don't get your valuables stolen when you travel- On city excursions: This neck pouch that tons of people love. It makes it harder for money to be stolen, and RFID-blocking feature stops thieves from scanning your credit card info when they are close to you.
- At the beach: This type of pouch that you can easily take your wallet in the water with you, instead of leaving on the beach.